Low Back Pain Treatment at Diamond Chiropractic
The lower back is usually equated by patients as the lumbar spine and often the pelvic girdle. It starts at the lower rib region in the back and includes five large bones, 2 large ilium bones and the sacrum. These eight large bones support your whole upper torso and create the mobility and strength of your body. When they function well we take them for granted. When they fail everything we do is limited.
Our team at Diamond Chiropractic are experts when it comes to lower back pain. We help patients with low back injuries resulting from lifting something wrong to car accidents which often leads to low back strain and sprain conditions. Regardless if you have had this condition for awhile and its just getting worse and worse (we call that chronic) or “I lifted something wrong” (we call that acute), our chiropractor in Omaha has the answer and the treatment for you!
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
The most common causes low back pain are attributed to the accumulative effects of numerous small lifting injuries or stressful improper body positioning of our daily lives. We spend many more hours sitting or standing at there jobs than what we originally built to do. Our human frame was built to be a hunter and gatherer. We now sit, stand our repetitively bend and twist in a standing position hours on end. These positions and stresses often lead to premature breakdown of our back muscles and ligaments giving rise to inflamed nerves, low back pain, back spasms and even shooting or radiating pain like sciatica. We often also ignore the early aches and pain until it becomes an emergency because we literally can not move.
Low back pain can also originate out of injuries like work-related, auto accidents, and sport related injury. These types injuries are much more sudden and often start with a sudden “pull” or sudden "twist" and then a general building of the pain intensity. They are traumatic strain/sprain type injuries resulting in torn muscle and ligaments. If left untreated, or improper treatment like heating the areas, they progress to muscle spasms and acute low back pain. Always remember to ICE these acute injury areas - first.
A third type of low back pain is caused by improperly aligned spine. When the low back bones are not in the proper position, they put pressure on the surrounding nerves. They in a sense pinch the nerve slightly causing pain and muscle spasm. This pressure or pinch can lead to damage of the nerve which flows to the lower back, lower leg, and foot. Symptoms like radiating pain, tingling in the toes, and numbness of the leg and foot are all very common complaints all due to pinched nerves.
There are causes of onset of neck pain that people experience in Omaha. The most common reasons that people experience neck pain include:
- Chronic trauma and stress of the low back.
- Lifting Injuries. This condition typically affects people who have been in work related injuries, car accidents or personal injuries. These injuries causes small tears to the muscles and ligaments of the low back, causing pain, swelling, muscle spasm and limited range of motion of the lumbar spine.
- Stress. Job related, family, and just life in general. Stress causes the muscles to become alert and constantly ready for action, resulting in pain in the neck, back and head.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain again very similar to whiplash but limits itself to torn muscle fibers.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is what happens when the vertebrae puts pressure on the nerves exiting the spinal cord.
- A bulged or herniated disc occurs when a vertebral disc protrudes from the tough casing that encloses it. This condition usually involves lower extremity radiating symptoms like pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Improper sleep. Your body regenerates and heals at night. If you are not getting 6-8 hours of restful sleep, you will have lower back pain.
Treatment for Low Back Pain
To help you correct and heal your neck pain without drugs or surgery, we use conservative fast and effective chiropractic treatment. This is a very light chiropractic adjustment (safe for babies and grandmothers) to gently realign your musculoskeletal system.
We use electroacupuncture (needleless) to stimulate the endorphin release and accelerate the natural regeneration processes in your neck. We also use acupuncture to help with headaches and migraines caused by neck pain and upper back and cervical spine injury. Acupuncture treatment is also ideal for patients who want treatment without drugs or drug related grogginess downtime after taking their medications for neck pain.
Our Chiropractor in Omaha uses the following to relief your neck pain:
- Chiropractic adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the technique that chiropractors use to relieve patient pain, speed the healing process and improve the functioning of the nervous system. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to heal all patients.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help improve range of motion for patients suffering from muscle pain and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps patients avoid injuries and muscle pain. They include posture changes, sleeping habits, pillow recommendations and may more.
- Corrective Exercises. Along with treatment in our office, we also provide our patients with corrective exercises. These exercises get your body up and moving so you can maintain the therapeutic benefits of chiropractic treatments in between your sessions.
Contact Our Omaha Chiropractor for Low Back Pain
To get started with chiropractic care for your neck pain, choose our Omaha, NE chiropractor today. Diamond Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients of all ages. Call our office today. When it comes to neck pain get relief NOW & FAST.