Headache Relief from your Chiropractor in Omaha
There is all sorts of information out on the web about headaches. Tension headaches, stress headaches, migraines, migraines with aura, position headaches, headaches associated with menstrual cycles, sinus headaches, my personal favorite is its just my "normal headache" (you are not suppose to have normal headaches) and on an on. I will boil-plate it for you... You have a headache - you literally don't care what type of headache it is - you just want it GONE!!!
You have taken IBProfin, Tylenol, Imitrex, Celebrex, anti-depressents they do not work or they work for awhile and then you have to take them again and again and again. That's where we can HELP, we can give you Relief from your headaches.
Our team at Diamond Chiropractic are experts when it comes to headaches, neck pain, and upper back pain. Regardless if you have had this condition for awhile and its just getting worse and worse (we call that chronic) or “I just woke up with it” (we call that acute), our chiropractor in Omaha has the answer and the treatment for you. Headaches are definitely associated with stress and trauma, but they can also come on due to foods, job related postures, and even just bad habits.
Common Causes of Headaches
The most common causes today are poor posture and poor head placement like head forward tilt or “text neck”. People often spend hours on their phone with their head tilting downward which greatly amplifies the weight of their head. Its like holding a gallon of milk at arm lengths vs keeping it close to your body. In this position the head often feels like 20-35 lbs instead of its normal 10-12 lbs.
Headaches and associated neck pain can also originate out of injuries like work-related, auto accidents, and sport related injury. These types often start with a sudden “pull” and general building of the pain intensity. They often are traumatic whiplash type injuries resulting in torn muscle and ligaments. If left untreated, these develop into the stiff neck and severely limited range of motion.
A third type of headaches and migraines are caused by improperly aligned spine. When the cervical bones are not in the proper position, they put pressure on the surrounding nerves. They in a sense pinch the nerve slightly causing pain and muscle spasm. This pressure or pinch can lead to damage of the nerve which flows to the upper shoulder, arm, and hand. Symptoms like radiating pain, tingling in the fingers, and numbness of the hand and fingers is very common complaints all due to pinched nerves.
There are several causes of headaches / migraines that people experience. The most common reasons are:
- Text Neck. Looking down at mobile devices too long can strains your neck muscles. The average is now close to four hours on our cellular devices.
- Whiplash. This condition typically affects people who have been in car accidents or personal injuries. Whiplash causes small tears to the muscles and ligaments of the neck, causing neck pain, headaches, migraines, swelling, muscle spasm and limited range of motion.
- Stress. Job related, family, and just life in general. Stress causes the muscles to become alert and constantly ready for action, resulting in pain in the neck, back and head.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain again very similar to whiplash but limits itself to torn muscle fibers.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is what happens when the vertebrae puts pressure on the nerves exiting the spinal cord. Usually in the neck and upper thoracic spine, and shoulder region.
- Food related allergies or triggers like caffeine, chocolate, sugars, wheat, alcohol, and prescription medicines.
- Improper sleep. Your body regenerates and heals at night. If you are not getting 6-8 hours of restful sleep, you will have headaches.
Treatment for Headaches and Migraines
To help you correct and heal your headaches and migraines without drugs or surgery, we use conservative fast and effective chiropractic treatment. This is a very light chiropractic adjustment (safe for babies and grandmothers) to realign your musculoskeletal system. We use the Prone Specific Adjusting style with a little flair called Zone Technique - so we call it Prone Specific Zone Technique. It allows us to completely narrow down why you are having headaches and how we are going to correct them. In 92-94% of the time you will be more than pleased. Headaches and Migraines are usually Zone 6, Zone 3 and Zone 2 for sinus headache.
We use electroacupuncture (needleless) to stimulate the endorphin release and accelerate the natural regeneration processes in your neck. We also use acupuncture to help with headaches and migraines caused by neck pain and upper back and cervical spine injury. Acupuncture treatment is also ideal for patients who want treatment without drugs or drug related grogginess downtime after taking their medications for neck pain.
Our Chiropractor in Omaha uses the following to relief your headaches:
- Chiropractic adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the technique that chiropractors use to relieve patient pain, speed the healing process and improve the functioning of the nervous system. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to heal all patients.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help improve range of motion for patients suffering from muscle pain and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps patients avoid injuries and muscle pain. They include posture changes, sleeping habits, pillow recommendations and may more.
- Corrective Exercises. Along with treatment in our office, we also provide our patients with corrective exercises. These exercises get your body up and moving so you can maintain the therapeutic benefits of chiropractic treatments in between your sessions.
Contact Our Omaha Chiropractor for your Headache / Migraine Relief
To get started with chiropractic care for your headaches or migraines, choose our Omaha, NE chiropractor today. Diamond Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients of all ages. Call our office today. When it comes to neck pain get relief NOW & FAST.